If you are planning to spend a few days in a country in Europe, you should definitely choose France. France is not only the most popular tourist destination in Europe since it is also the most widely visited country in the world. It gets about seventy million tourists every year. Basically, it there are thirty-seven French sites that are listed in the UNESCO World Heritage list. It is time to pack your bags and head to this very beautiful European country. Here are some of the places that you might want to visit.
1.The Eiffel Tower – This is the most popular tourist destination in Paris, France. In fact, even little kids know what the Eiffel Tower looks like and where it is located. That is why you should never miss going to this popular tourist destination. The Eiffel Tower is considered to be a modern wonder. You can climb up so that you will be able to enjoy a panoramic view of the city of Paris. The tower is also beautiful even at night because it lights up.
2. Versailles Palace – If you are a fan of history books, you surely know what the Versailles Palace is. This is where numerous French monarchs lived. It is also where a lot of important treaties and gatherings throughout history were held. The palace is definitely a sight to behold. One could not simply ignore its magnificence in terms of size and architectural design. You will definitely enjoy the Hall of Mirrors. Of course, you would not want to miss the statues, water fountains, and beautiful gardens as well.
3. The Louvre Museum – This is one of the most popular art galleries of the world. It is not surprising why there is a museum like this in France. This country is gifted with a lot of skilled and excellent artists whose works really stand out. Of course, it is in this museum where you will be able to see the most popular work of Leonardo da Vinci which is the Mona Lisa. Aside from this masterpiece, there are more than thirty-five thousand art pieces that you will find here.
4. Notre Dame – If you are a fan of cartoon movies, you might have already watched the Hunchback of Notre Dame. If that is the case, you might want to feast your eyes on the Notre Dame Cathedral which is located in Paris. The beautiful, gothic cathedral is stunning and magnificent.
5. Disneyland – After you have visited all of the interesting tourist spots which are mentioned above, you might want to enjoy in Disneyland. This is definitely the place to be if you are looking for thrill and adventure. Disneyland, France is a place that should be visited by every person who steps into France. It gains more than twelve million visitors every year.
6. Arc De Triomphe – This popular historic site should definitely be visited as well. It gets about two million visitors every year. You might have seen a picture of this famous arc in magazines and history books.
7. Mont Saint-Michel- Mont Saint-Michel is a small tidal island located just off the coast of Normandy. A spectacular and well-preserved Norman Benedictine Abbey of St Michel stands at the peak of the rocky island, surrounded by the winding streets and convoluted architecture of the medieval town.