Malaysia is a culturally diverse country that just welcomes any visitor; it has rich flora and fauna in its tropical forests that just leave you enchanted. Apart from these experiences, Malaysia also offers an amazing shopping experience for visitors looking to indulge in some retail therapy. There is something for everyone, from high-end designer brands to local brands to traditional clothing and art. There are some wonderful shopping places to visit in Malaysia – from local street shopping to shopping in glass-covered malls. The experiences are diverse and totally depend on your preferences.
Here are the best shopping places to visit in Malaysia –
- Suria KLCC– This is one of the most sought Malls in Malaysia because some of the most popular high-end international designer brands have their stores here. Gucci, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, and Salvatore Ferragamo – to name a few. Suria KLCC is a luxury shoppers haven. Located in the Petronas Towers – it is frequented by shoppers from all over. Apart from these luxury brands, they also house some affordable high street options as well as restaurants. You will not be disappointed on visiting the Suria KLCC Mall.
- Pavilion – Kuala Lumpur-Located in the Bukit Bintang district- it lies in the center of Kuala Lumpur and is one of Malaysia’s most popular Shopping Malls. Spread across 7 stories with International and National brands – shoppers have the option of shopping, indulging in some spa time or grabbing some delicious food to eat at the various food courts and restaurants in the Mall.
- Langkawi Parade- Langkawi Parade is located in Langkawi and is one of the popular malls in Malaysia. Shoppers have the option of choosing from chocolates, perfumes, wines, among other things like apparel and accessories.
- Central Market – Kuala Lumpur- Considered to be the best place for arts and crafts- Central market is a charming and vibrant market with more than 100 years of legacy. Travelers can pick up paintings, handicrafts, antiques, and souvenirs from Central Market. One of the best markets for local shopping.
- Petaling Street Market- Known as a paradise for inexpensive items – it s a popular haunt for shoppers who come to look for imitation luxury goods like clothes, shoes, and bags. The market is spread across a street in Chinatown, and there are stalls lined up on either side of the street like any street market. It is busy, thriving, and full of bargains!
- Berjaya Times Square- Considered to be a landmark on its own, this 48 storeyed building has a mall, a hotel, restaurants, theme parks, offices, and various other stores as well. It is the world’s largest building in the world, and with over 100 stores selling various products- it is a shoppers paradise.
Shopping in Malaysia can be an experience in itself! From apparel to accessories to art and antiques – shopaholics can go crazy with brands. There are global brands housed in huge malls; there is authentic local art – there are street markets selling affordable items and flea markets with a vast plethora of Knick knacks! These shopping places are a must-visit.
The wonderful thing about all these shopping destinations is that they are incredibly accessible and easy to navigate. You can simply get a bus ticket and traverse your way through shopping. With bus ticket booking sites like Redbus at your service, you do not have to worry about a single thing. Visitors can easily book bus tickets online from the comfort of their homes or their hotels. There are a variety of bus services to choose from, like express shuttles, inter-state coaches, or local bus lines traveling within the city. The site has multiple options for travelers for booking a bas ticket online.
From chilling by the beach overlooking a gorgeous sunset to watching some beautiful birds and animals in the tropical rainforest to just enjoying bustling city life, the Malaysian travel experience is truly remarkable. You can pick up some gorgeous designer bags or perfumes, shop for gifts and souvenirs to take back home – you can take back a piece of Malaysia with you!