The Maldives has recently emerged as a tourism attraction, which was previously unknown. There are over 1,000 islands in the Maldives, but only a few are large enough to be livable. Coral reefs dot the entire island chain, scarcely visible above the water. Many of them are threatened by global warming, and there is no better time than now to visit this tropical paradise.
The entire island chain is dotted with coral reefs that are barely visible above the water. If you plan on visiting the Maldives, it is best to purchase travel insurance for Maldives to protect yourself from any unexpected accidents, illnesses, or injuries that may occur during your vacation. As tourism adapts to a post-COVID world, it is important to take the necessary precautions and secure your trip.
Here are some things you should know before you purchase travel insurance for Maldives:
Image Source: Shutterstock
Types of Travel Insurance for Maldives
For a trip to the Maldives, there are two primary types of travel insurance policies: international travel plans and student travel plans. You must select one based on the purpose of your visit, and the eligibility conditions for both options are listed below:
- International Travel Insurance – While there is usually no upper age limit for these policies, the proposer must be at least 18 years old to purchase one. Similarly, there is usually no upper age limit for exit, however this is dependent on the insurance provider.
- Student Travel Insurance – Student travel insurance for Maldives normally has a 12-year entry age minimum, although it can go up to 16 years in some situations. The exit age, on the other hand, is normally 40 years, however it varies per insurer.
Travel Insurance for Maldives: Do You Need It?
Although the Maldives government has not made travel insurance for Maldives mandatory, possessing one will come in handy in the event of a medical emergency. Trip cancellations, unexpected illness, and the loss of a job are all possibilities that can derail your trip out of nowhere. There are scenarios that we may not be able to manage, such as loss of valuables and luggage. As a result, it is preferable to protect oneself from the uncertain situations by choosing the right travel insurance for Maldives. Purchasing Maldives travel insurance provides financial protection against unforeseen illness, baggage loss, loss of passports and other personal belongings. Despite the fact that the Maldives has a decent healthcare system, it can be troublesome to quickly arrange funds when you are in foreign land. This is where travel insurance for Maldives can save you from unnecessary hassles.
Benefits of Purchasing Travel Insurance for Maldives
Adequate planning and preparation are essential for a safe foreign journey. As a result, before visiting the Maldives, make sure you have enough information on the archipelago, particularly the island(s) you intend to visit. Once you purchase travel insurance for Maldives, these are some benefits you get with it:
- Protection in the Event of a Medical Emergence: The policy covers emergency medical expenses and assists you in receiving prompt medical care, including medical evacuation.
- Compensation in the Event of Death: The plan provides compensation to the nominee in the event of the insured person’s untimely death.
- Journey & Baggage Cover: Other contingencies are covered by the Maldives travel insurance plan, including trip delays and loss of possessions and documentation.
- Multi-Trip Coverage: If you travel to the country regularly, you may qualify for a multi-trip travel policy.
- Regional Plans: Renowned insurance providers such as Care Insurance provide regional international travel insurance plans that are tailored to your needs, providing you with a sufficient sum insured.
- Comfort: Having Maldives travel insurance for your abroad vacation can provide you with financial security and will relieve you of the worry of travelling, especially for senior persons and students.
When you are chalking out the itinerary of the trip, make sure you check the visa requirements for a trip to Maldives. Also, remember to choose the right insurance provider for the travel insurance plan so you can rely on them to have your back in case of an emergency!