Different situations call for different safety measures and it’s important to ensure that you take the correct precautionary measures to protect your knees. This article will discuss how to put on knee pads. Knee pads come in handy when playing certain sports, certain outdoor activities and even training situations that require you to be on the field and running.
Sports can include cricket, baseball, football, and hockey. Training activities could range from military drills and work situations could be plumbing, tiling, roofing or even landscaping jobs. Knee pads provide excellent comfort and protection. They protect you from wear and tear on your knees, potential rashes on the knees, or getting hurt when you fall.
This article will discuss what knee pads are, how to put them on, and what their benefits are.
What are Knee Pads
Knee pads are protective gear worn over the knees to protect from injury, obstacles, hitting the ground, or extra padding for kneeling.
Indeed, knee pads can be worn in recreational contact sports like NFL, ice skating, volleyball, handball, rolling and cricket.
In addition to this, knee pads are also worn during trade activities such as they are worn by militants, police team members, and marine corps.
Knee pads are also worn in work situations requiring constant kneeling, such as plumbing, tiling, carpet installation, gardening and all kinds of mechanical work requiring your knee to be exposed to rough and worn-off surfaces. There is not one but many other types of knee pads available such as soft knee pads, which provide flexibility and are not designed for very tough situations.
How To Put on Knee Pads
Although wearing knee pads seems easy, for someone who does not know how to put them on, here is a complete guide to understanding how to wear your knee pads.
- Sit in a position with your legs stretched in front of you. Make sure that you are relaxed and comfortable. Putting on knee pads in a bending or sitting position can be difficult.
- Fasten the hard plastic part on your knee, and make sure that the hard plastic part covers your knee well and completely.
- Pull the Velcro elastic straps behind your knee where your knee bends. This way, you can tighten your knee pad according to your desired tightness. Ensure that the knee pad doesn’t move when you move or run. However, it shouldn’t be very tight so that it cuts off the circulation.
Why Wear Knee Pads
- They reduce the tension and impact on the knee and protect the knee cap.
- They protect the skin from wearing off.
- They provide comfort when kneeling.
- They can also be designed for individuals recovering from knee surgery or some knee deformation.
Safety First In All Things
At the end of the day, no matter how resilient we are, we are all also aware of how fragile human beings are too. This is an important fact to be aware of in your day to day comings and goings. That is where safety items like knee pads genuinely come into the picture and make a difference. Knee pads are an excellent preventative, safety device that protect the knees from all kinds of wear and tear.