That is right, you actually have more creative and non traditional uses of ice cube trays, than just freezing water. We bet you have them at home in a huge number and different shapes and sizes, but you have never thought to give them another purpose than making, well, ice cubes. We promise you, ice cube tray can do a lot more than that. Everything from saving leftover stock, preparing healthy snacks, organizing you jewelry and buttons, intervene a sunburn … an ice cube tray can solve a big number of your problems. You will find it to be among the most handful kitchen items that you own.
Non- Traditional Uses Of Ice Cube Trays
If you’re following standard social norms, until now you’ve only used ice trays to get ice cubes! If you only keep plain water in your ice buckets, now is the right time to make the most of this everyday household tool. It can help you get rid of excess cooked food and drink, or save food from rotting and unnecessary waste. Or maybe it will be perfect storage item for your earrings, buttons or paperclips. On hot days, nothing is more pleasant than a refreshing drink with ice cubes. But you will probably enjoy it more if you enrich the plain ice with pieces of fruit. The use of ice trays does not end there. You can use the ice cube tray all year round and preserve your favorite flavors.
Ice Cube Trays In The Kitchen
1. Spices such as thyme, rosemary, oregano and sage can be placed in ice molds and poured with olive oil. The next time you prepare your favorite sauce, soup or stew, just add spice cubes.
2. Freeze chocolate milk or plain chocolate and add to your sweet drinks.
3. Make chocolate covered strawberries! Pour some chocolate into each mold and dip the strawberries into them. You get a delicious refreshing treat.
4. In this way, you can also freeze baby food if you have prepared a large amount of it.
5. Made a large batch of fantastic tomato sauce? You don’t have to throw away the rest, freeze it in ice cubes and use it if you need it later.
6. Pour coffee into ice molds, freeze it and enrich the taste of iced coffee on hot summer days.
7. You can also freeze your favorite skin care products, shortly called beauty ice cubes, freezing green tea leaves with rice water is the perfect solution for skins with acne. The cold mixture gives a relaxing and calming feeling.
8. If you are really into cocktails with alcohol than you can easily prepare yourself for the summer and freeze some margarita or bloody Mary cubes, ready to use at any time, putting them directly into the glass.
Keep scrolling down to find out creative and healthy ways to use your ice tray on an everyday basis. It will literally blow your mind. We promise you, You will never look at your ice cube tray the same way again and it might become your favorite new kitchen element from now on!