Italian confectionery is world-famous be it their hazelnut cookies or pan di Stelle cookies. After eating these Italian cookies, people just lose their mind as they are not only tasty but delicious too. Pan di Stelle is the dream of every person with a sweet tooth.
Cookies are not only eaten as a snack, but they are even used as a breakfast. You can have the Mulino Bianco Pan di Stelle cookies with cappuccino or espresso or any other cold or hot coffee. This is one of the typical breakfasts that you can say is far better than bread and pastries.
People of all generations, be it young or old, or kids love eating pan di Stelle biscuits. These biscuits are everyone’s favorite, and if you think what the reasons behind it are? Then the answer is simple: these cookies are made with the combination of hazelnut and cookies and to decorate it there are sugar stars on the top.
These chocolaty biscuits are just like Bourbon biscuits as they are brownish in color. They are crispy and can easily melt inside your mouth. This cookie is incredibly sweet and tastes good while eating it. The sugar contained in the Pan di Stelle is 51 g along with 13.7% hazelnut. If we talk about the calories that are there in this cookie, then the answer is 79 of 15 gm.
You can try different types of Italian cookies, but one thing is for sure that no cookie tastes better than the Pan di Stelle cookies. Be it any functions or Christmas party you can always use these cookies to make the day of your guest sweet. Some people say Christmas is incomplete without Italian desserts and cookies and they are actually true also. Win the heart of your siblings, your lover or your neighbor; then there is only one way that is by offering them the Pan di Stelle cookies.
If we say, you don’t have to buy the Pan di Stelle biscuits for eating them as you can easily bake these cookies in your house too. This may sound but shocking, but it’s true one can easily bake these cookies in your home by just following the recipe given below:
Ingredients that you will need:
- 500 gm plain flour.
- 30 gm melted dark chocolate.
- One egg.
- 2 tbsp honey.
- 30 gm unsweetened cocoa powder.
- 160 gm unsalted butter.
- 50 ml of milk.
- 300 gm icing sugar.
- 20 gm peeled toasted hazelnuts.
- Pinch of salts.
- ½ tsp baking powder.
- Granulated sugar
- ½ bicarbonate of soda.
Once you have all the ingredients, start the preparation of baking Pan di Stelle cookies.
- If you don’t have melted dark chocolate, you have to break and then melt the chocolate in heatproof water. Let this bowl float over the pan with simmering water and once the dark chocolate is melted, let it cool down.
- While using the unpeeled hazelnuts, you have to peel them before toasting them on the dry frying pan.
- Now you need to put these toasted hazelnuts along with 3 tbsp of granulated sugar in the food processor and then whiz them till they become smooth.
- You need to take butter and icing sugar in the big bowl and then mix it using the mixer to make it soft and fluffy.
- Then you have to add the hazelnut paste, melted chocolate, milk, egg yolks and honey in the bowl. Now you have to use an electric whisk to mix all these ingredients thoroughly.
- Once done, you have to add the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate in the bowl. By using your hand, you have to mix the dough. If required, you can add a small quantity of milk; however, make sure the paste is not too hard or not too thin.
- Now bring the mould together in the round form. Use the cookie cutter to cut the even shapes of cookie from the dough.
- Now you have to line 5 baking trays and put the shaped dough in the tray and then place it in the oven to preheat at 180 degree Celsius.
- On the top of the lined biscuit brush the egg white and then put 4-5 stars on it along with it and dust some granulated sugar.
- Put these trays on the oven and bake it for 25 minutes, and once they are done, you can leave the cookies to be cooled down.
These Pan di Stelle cookies are ready to eat as a snack in the evening as well as any time of day. You can store these cookies in the air-tight container.