The bathroom is where we take quick showers and long baths to get rid of the dirt on our skin. Essentially, the bathroom is the area in the home where we get ourselves clean. It is therefore counterproductive if your bathroom where you get clean is a dirty environment. The main reason behind most dirty bathrooms is that most people only wipe down some surfaces without cleaning the really gross spots. This article will identify five gross spots in your bathroom, and provide effective ways to clean them.
- The Toilet Bowl: It is not enough to simply flush toilet bowls, as the standing water that they hold usually results in water stains. Getting off those water stains is easier than you would expect. Get a cup of water and add vinegar to it. Pour the cup of vinegar into the toilet bowl, ensuring to spread it around with the toilet brush. Add a cup of baking soda, and follow that with another cup of vinegar. Let it sit for about ten minutes, after which you should scrub with the toilet brush. The stains should be coming off at this point, let it for another ten minutes after which you can flush the toilet.
- The Bathroom Sink: The bathroom sink gets a lot of debris and dirt, from leftover soap to makeup and toothpaste. It is not surprising that it is one of the gross spots in a bathroom. To clean your bathroom sink, sprinkle baking soda into it ensuring it reaches every area. Make the baking soda into a paste and leave it to sit for a while. Rinse the baking soda off, and cover every area of the sink with paper towels that have been soaked in vinegar. Leave this to sit for about twenty minutes, after which you can rinse out the sink with water.
- The Shower Curtain: Most people just dispose of the shower curtains as soon as they get dirty. While shower curtains are inexpensive, you can clean them properly and avoid buying new ones now and then. Following these steps, you can get your shower curtain clean, even if it is sporting mold or mildew already. To clean your shower curtain thoroughly, get it off the ring and put it in the washing machine. Add half a cup of baking soda to the detergent to wash. Wash with warm water and make sure to set the washing machine to a high speed. Add half a cup of white vinegar while rinsing, and you can be sure to have your shower curtain sparkling clean.
- Shower Caddies: Shower caddies that hold products such as soaps and conditioners are always caked with residue. Thankfully, cleaning them is super easy. You can wash your shower caddies with your hand by using hot soapy water or simply putting them in the dishwasher.
- Loofah: Your sponge holds a lot of bacteria and it is important to clean them regularly. You can get it clean, by adding it to the washing machine along with your laundry.
Keeping your bathroom clean is very important for your hygiene and safety. Ensure to get sanitary bins in Sydney to collect dirt in the bathroom.